Welcome to the annotated index of my poems and posts which discuss, explore and criticize poetry itself:
What is Poetry
- Defining Poetry : About people who try to tell you what poetry is.
- On Language: an Epigram: An example of what most folks wouldn’t call a poem
- I ain’t no Poet: It is soooooo easy to become a poet! What a joke.
Criticism of some Styles & Formating
- Centered Poems: arghhh!
- Tiny-Line Poems: Oh my goodness, how I dislike this sort of poem!
- Shadorma: Supposedly a Spanish form. Really?
Criticisms of Poem Content
- Gutsy Poetry: a plead to be real and avoid lofty abstractions
- The Diet’s Poet: pokes fun at food and philosophy fads
- How we Love our Lies: on stream of consciousness poems
- Grace Nonsense with a Tune: on impenetrable poems
- Johnson & Dryden on Donne: on metaphysical indulgence and feigning erudition
- Poetry is mere Form: How poetry can be ‘merely‘ a form and still more
- Poetry is … : How poets try to tell other poets what poetry really is.